Order Online or Call 800.323.9145
SLIGHTLY BLEMISHED PIPES
Installing your American Custom slip-ons is easy
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do you offer a guarantee ?
- Q: I'm in a hurry. Can you send me a set of pre-customized pipes for my Harley® and then I'll send you my pipes later?
- Q: What if I don't have a set of stock slip-ons to send you but I still want to buy these pipes?
- Q: Where do I send my pipes?
- Q: How long does it take to customize my pipes and ship them to me?
- Q: Why can't I get my own pre-2007 Touring pipes customized?
- Q: Is the outside of my pipe modified?
- Q: Do you take pipes that have catalytic converters?
- Q: I don't have a good box for shipping my pipes to you. Can you send me one?
- Q: What end cap finishes or colors are available?
- Q: How are your pipes different from other mufflers on the market?
- Q: Can I get these pipes from my local dealer?
- Q: Does the system come with assembly instructions?
- Q: Do I need to re-jet or re-tune my engine after I install my custom pipes?
- Q: Do you ship internationally?
- Q: I need my order urgently. Is there a way I can get my pipes shipped overnight or by expedited freight?
- Q: How do I install my new Bomber Slip-ons?
- Do you offer a guarantee ?
- We guarantee your satisfaction with our products...even after you have installed them and run your bike! If you are not 100% satisfied with your slip-on mufflers upon receipt, installation and riding with them, you may return them to us within 30 days of shipping for a full refund. Sorry, we cannot refund the cost of freight. Pipe customization is warranted for one year against defects in the workmanship. We do not warranty the actual tailpipes. In addition, since we do not perform the actual installation, we cannot warranty the performance of the exhaust pipes.
- I'm in a hurry. Can you send me a set of pre-customized pipes for my Harley® and then I'll send you my pipes later?
- Yes, no problem. We can send you a set of pipes that have already been customized. You do not have to send us your pipes -- just select "pre-made set of pipes" on the order page. They will arrive in a "new" or "almost new" condition. If you need your order right away, order the pre-made pipes and send us your stock pipes within 30 days of your original order. We will refund $75 to you if they are in "new" (no scratches or dents) condition ($100 for your 2010 and newer 2-into-2 header pipes. We do not accept any 2-into-1 2010 header pipes from Road Glide and Street Glide models). You can ship your pipes to us in the same box your order was shipped in. We do not accept pre-2007 Touring pipes and pipes with catalytic converters. We reserve the right to determine the condition at our sole discretion. Please understand that we can only accept pipes in the best condition in order to provide all of our customers with the best possible quality.
- What if I don't have a set of stock slip-ons to send you but I still want to buy these pipes?
- Not a problem. Just select "pre-made set of pipes" on the order page and we'll get started customizing a set for you.
- Where do I send my pipes?
- You may ship your pipes to:
43 Eastern Steel Road
Milford, CT. 06460
- How long does it take to customize my pipes and ship them to me?
- We will make every effort to customize your pipes and ship them to you within 72 hours of receipt. Shipping time varies due to location. We will send you a shipping confirmation with a tracking number when they are shipped back to you.
- Why can't I get my own pre-2007 Touring pipes customized?
- The pre-2007 pipes cannot be customized in a cost-effective way. But you can order a pre-built pipe that is 2007 or later and it will fit.
- Is the outside of my pipe modified?
- The inside of the Touring pipe is refit with our system. The outside chrome is not affected. For other models, a small hole is drilled in an inconspicuous place and a stainless steel bolt is fitted in it.
- Do you take pipes that have catalytic converters?
- No, we are unable to refit or take for credit, any muffler with a catalytic converter. We do offer a header pipe product (PowerFLEX header) for 2010 and later Touring bikes that does not have a catalytic converter in it. In this case we will take your stock header pipe that has the catalytic converter in it.
- I don't have a good box for shipping my pipes to you. Can you send me one?
- Yes. For a charge of $9.99, we will send you a custom-fitted box for safe shipment of your pipes. Please use our toll free phone number (1-800-323-9145) to call us for this. One of our sales technicians will be happy to make sure we ship you the right box.
- What end cap finishes or colors are available?
- You can choose between Chrome or Black Anodized Aluminum. We will continue to add more finishes and designs for the Bomber.
- How are your pipes different from other mufflers on the market?
- Hearing is believing! The deep tone these pipes create is incredible and unique. We offer three different sounds, all available with one pipe which can be changed easily at any time. You can also easily change the look on the Touring models, very quickly. Since we only sell direct to you, our customer, we can assure your total satisfaction. We can introduce new products and train our staff quickly to be able to answer any questions you have. And...our price is the best on the market!
- Can I get these pipes from my local dealer?
- No, we only sell them directly to you (this is how we keep your price low and satisfaction high). You can buy them on our website or call us at 800-323-9145.
- Does the system come with assembly instructions?
- Yes, assembly instructions are included with your order. Assembly is quick and easy.
- Do I need to re-jet or re-tune my engine after I install my custom pipes?
- The newer model Harleys have a closed-loop system which makes retuning your engine unnecessary. Most of our customers who have older bikes also find it is not necessary to re-tune their engine.
- Do you ship internationally?
- Yes - However, only pre-made pipes, to Canada, and Puerto Rico only. We will need to charge additional for freight and customs.
- I need my order urgently. Is there a way I can get my pipes shipped overnight or by expedited freight?
- Yes, just contact us with a special request for urgent delivery.
- How do I install my new Bomber Slip-ons?
Hear The Sound
American Custom offers a wide range of sound options - from loud and rumbling to street friendly.Listen Now
How It Works
American Custom uses a unique design that allows you to control your exhaust pipes sound and performance.Read More
"Your customer service is second to none. I appreciate the phone calls and the advice you gave me..."Read More
See the Videos